Local Government, Planning & Environmental Law Solicitors Serving Oran Park, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Camden and Sydney
Marsdens Environmental Planning and Local Government Department provides comprehensive and practical legal advice in this area. The expertise of Marsdens in this area comes from advising and representing Local Government, Public and Private sector clients and statutory bodies for over 20 years. In recognition of our expertise in this area, we act for over 60 Councils in New South Wales, both regional and metropolitan.
Our close day to day involvement with Local Government providing practical legal advice and the provision of in-house seminars and newsletters has been a point of difference between Marsdens and other solicitors in this area for many years. The types of matters that are managed by the Land & Environment /Local Government Department are wide and varied and include but are not limited to:
- Backyard burning offences
- Compulsory acquisitions
- Driveway blockages
- Environmental protection
- General Pollution
- Heritage protection
- Liquor licensing
- Natural Resources
- Neighbour disputes
- Noise pollution
- Public Health
- Town Planning
In Environmental Planning our services include:
- Advice on development consent under the EP & A Act.
- All associated litigation.
- Due diligence and impact asssessment.
- Environmental orders.
- Land use regulation.
- Local Government liaison.
- Planning and Development approvals and appeals.
- Property development.
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement.
- Resumption in compensation.
In the area of Local Government our services include:
- Advice on obligations in relation to the expanding powers and duties under the Local Government Act (as amended) 1993.
- Representation in the Land & Environment Court including environmental prosecutions, judicial review and commissions of enquiry.
The Environmental Planning and Local Government Department consists of NSW Law Society Specialist Accreditation, an examiner for applicants to become Specialist Accredited and solicitors with a broad range of Commercial Law experience ensuring that Marsdens provide well researched, timely advice in this area.
For more information about our services in Environmental Planning & Local Government.