Local Government, Planning & Environmental Law Solicitors Serving Campbelltown, Leppington, Liverpool, Camden and Sydney
Marsdens Local Government, Planning and Environmental Law Department provides comprehensive and practical legal advice in this area. The expertise of Marsdens in this area comes from advising and representing Local Government, Public and Private sector clients and statutory bodies for over 20 years. In recognition of our expertise in this area, we act for over 60 Councils in New South Wales being both regional and metropolitan councils.
Our close day to day involvement with Local Government in providing practical legal advice and in-house seminars and newsletters has been a point of difference between Marsdens and other solicitors in this area for many years. The types of matters that are managed by the Local Government, Planning and Environmental Law Department are wide and varied and include but are not limited to:
- Compulsory acquisitions
- Environmental protection
- General Pollution
- Heritage protection
- Liquor licensing
- Natural Resources
- Neighbour disputes
- Noise pollution
- Public Health
- Town Planning
In Planning and Environmental Law our services include:
- Advice on development consent under the EP & A Act.
- Advice on due diligence and impact assessment.
- Advice on environmental orders.
- Advice on land use regulation.
- Advice on planning and development approvals and appeals.
- Advice on property development.
- Advice on regulatory compliance and enforcement.
- All associated litigation.
- Compensation for compulsory acquisition.
- Local Government liaison.
In the area of Local Government our services include:
- Advice on obligations in relation to the expanding powers and duties under the Local Government Act 1993.
- Representation in the Land & Environment Court including environmental prosecutions, judicial review and commissions of enquiry.
The Local Government Planning and Environmental Law Department consists of NSW Law Society Accredited Specialist who is also an examiner of applicants to become Accredited Specialists as well as solicitors with a broad range of Local Government, Planning, Environmental Law and Commercial Law experience ensuring that Marsdens provide well researched and timely advice in this area.
For more information about our services in Environmental Planning & Local Government contact: