Intellectual property is the term used to describe a wide range of intangible property and rights including inventions, trade marks, designs, brands or the application of an idea.
Protecting your intellectual property can be critical if you want to build a business and establish your presence in a market.
Marsden’s can provide you with the following assistance with respect to your intellectual property:
- Advice on the most appropriate way to protect your intellectual property.
- Assistance with registering or placing appropriate measures in place to protect your intellectual property.
Trade Marks are logos or brand names that are registered as Trade Marks on the Register of Trade Marks and which are used by a business to distinguish their goods and services in the marketplace.
Registration of a Trade Mark confers the following benefits on the registered owner:
- The owner is the only person entitled to use the Trade Mark for the purposes specified in the registration.
- The owner has a greater chance of preventing other businesses from using the Trade Mark.
- The value of the brand is increased as there is less chance of others creating and using similar brands to compete with the owner.
Registration of a Trade Mark also provides more comfort that the use of your brand will not result in you breaching a Trade Mark held by someone else. Given that the development and establishment of a brand can be expensive and difficult to change once it is launched, registration of a Trade Mark protects that investment.
Marsdens’ has extensive knowledge in Trade Marks and can provide you with the following assistance:
- Advice on the process of registering a Trade Mark.
- Advice on the suitable classes for registering a Trade Mark.
- Preparation of the relevant Trade Mark registration forms, Trade Mark assignment forms and Trade Mark objection forms.
- Advice and assistances with defending your Trade Mark if it is being used by another person.
- Advice and assistances if someone has claimed that you are using their registered Trade Mark.
Contact the Commercial Law team today on (02) 4626 5077.