To our clients, friends and community,
Everyone in this country is feeling the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Marsdens Law Group are no exception. I hope that you are keeping well physically and mentally during these very testing times. It is a challenging time. It is a time where individuals and individual businesses must meet the challenges placed in front of them. Most importantly though, as a community we must work together to get through not just the Coronavirus, but the inevitable recession that is about to hit.
I write to advise you primarily that Marsdens Law Group is prepared to remain fully operational and able to support our clients at all times. Over the last couple of weeks, we have kept abreast of all information and directives issued by the Federal Government, State Government and Centre for Disease Control. As a result, we believe that we are in a position to deal with all contingencies.
At the moment we are still operating from all our offices. However, if circumstances change (as they tend to on a daily basis) and we have to work remotely, we have the infrastructure, systems and plans in place to continue to provide our usual standard of quality service.
Some of the issues we are addressing include:
- Every day we are following the strict cleaning, quality control and hygiene procedures directed by Government in each of our offices. We have increased cleaning and sanitisation of all contact services in all areas of our offices.
- Our staff have been directed to regularly wash and / or sanitise their hands and to maintain appropriate social distancing. They are rigorously adhering to these directions.
- We are imposing mandatory two-week self-isolation periods for any employees returning from overseas – in line with Federal Government requirements.
- We will not be attending any “non-essential” meetings. The assessment of what is and is not essential will be made by us. However, we will still be available.
- Many clients will not want to attend the office for face-to-face appointments or because of contact, may not be able to do so. Telephone appointments are available for all clients.
- We have over the past week upgraded our technology so that we can offer, in most cases, electronic conferencing.
- We ask that if you have been overseas in the last 14 days, or are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms or if you have been in direct contact with someone that has a confirmed case of COVID-19 that you refrain from coming into our office. Simply call and make an arrangement for a telephone or other type of conference with the appropriate lawyer.
Finally, our leadership team is meeting daily to assess the situation and ensure our people are safe and supported, whilst at the same time offering safe connectivity to our clients. In times like these, each day we continue to assess and implement any necessary changes to ensure we can continue to provide the service that you require.
As you can see, we take this issue very seriously and will continue to do so. In the meantime, look after yourselves.
Jim Marsden, Senior Partner.