Upcoming Events

No Events Today

What sort of benefits might I be entitled to receive?

Benefits may include:

1. Treatment expenses;
2. Weekly wage compensation;
3. Lump sum compensation for permanent impairment.


Approved expenses will be paid at Australian Medical Association (AMA) rates, so please speak to your treatment provider to confirm whether the amount approved will cover the total amount of the expenses incurred.

The insurer will reimburse costs associated with your travel to undergo medical treatment as well as the cost of aids, home modifications and attendant care services for those eligible. 


If you are incapacitated from work, you will initally be entitled to a weekly payment equal to 100% of your normal weekly earnings (or capable of earning), less any amount you are actually earning during that period.

After the first 45 weeks of incapacity, reduced rates of payment will apply.


If your injury has resulted in a permanent impairment, you may be entitled to a lump sum to compensate you for your pain and suffering.

For most injuries your level of permanent impairment must exceed 10% whole person impairment, however, there are exceptions to this threshold for hearing loss, loss of finger or toes, or loss of sense of tatse or smell.

The receipt of a lump sum does not necessarily end your claim. You may be entitled to continue to receive treatment and weekly wage benefits despite the receipt of a lump sum.

There are a range of injuries and disabilities for which compensation may be payable under the scheme. Feel free to speak to one of our team for further advice as to your eligibility.

To submit an online enquiry click here

Back to Comcare

Marsdens Offices