Upcoming Events

No Events Today

What do I need to prove?

Firstly, you will need to consider whether the occupier of the premises/property owed you a duty of care.  In most cases this is generally a simple process as occupiers in many circumstances must ensure that their premises are reasonably safe for entrants.

Secondly, you will need to prove that the duty of care owed to you by the occupier has been breached.  For instance, investigations will need to be made in relation to any failure which resulted in the duty of care being breached including any aspects of negligence.  For example, it may include proving that a spill on which you slipped or other dangerous feature on the premises was present for an unreasonable length of time or that the occupier was aware or ought to have been aware of a defect in the premises.

Thirdly, you will need to prove that as a result of the failure you suffered an injury. This will require medical evidence from your treating doctors and, in some cases, from independent doctors who will assess your injuries once they have stabilised. If you have attended any hospitals in relation to your injury, then we will also contact the hospital to access your relevant clinical records. 

To submit an online enquiry click here

Back to Occupiers Liability


Marsdens Offices