Upcoming Events

No Events Today

What am I entitled to claim?

You may be entitled to claim compensation for injuries you have received due to a motor vehicle accident pursuant to the NSW Greenslip legislation if the injury occurred in New South Wales and either:

1. Another owner or driver of a motor vehicle was at fault; or

2. The injuries were suffered by a child under 16 residing in New South Wales; or

3. The accident was a “blameless accident”.

Even if you are considered “at fault” you may be entitled to claim up to $5,000.00 for loss of income and treatment expenses.

What am I entitled to claim?

Depending on your personal circumstances and the injuries you have sustained, you may be able to claim one or more of the following:

1. Medical expenses.
2. Wage loss.
3. Domestic assistance.
4. Pain and suffering.

Medical Expenses

These are monies which are paid or payable for treatment in respect of the injuries you have sustained in the motor vehicle accident.

They include hospital, medical and pharmaceutical expenses, rehabilitation expenses, respite care and attendant care services.  After admitting liability it is a duty of the insurer to cover all costs of treatment which are both "reasonable and necessary" in the circumstances.

Wage Loss

This includes wages which you have lost up to and including the date of the finalisation of your claim and also your likely future wage loss.

Domestic Assistance

If your injuries have resulted in a need for assistance from your family or friends on a voluntary basis, or commercial assistance for which you have paid, you may be entitled to compensation.  Your injuries may be such that you will also require domestic assistance into the future.

Pain and Suffering

You may be entitled to claim damages for pain and suffering, disfigurement, loss of expectation of life and loss of amenities of life.  You will only be entitled to an award for “pain and suffering” if your degree of permanent impairment sustained as a result of the motor vehicle accident is greater than 10%.  As agreed by the parties or certified by a Medical Assessor.

To submit an online enquiry click here

Back to Motor Vehicle Accidents

Marsdens Offices