Upcoming Events

No Events Today

Do I need a solicitor and if so, when?

Whilst you may be able to obtain some of the initial medical records directly from the medical practitioner, our experience is that even that step can prove difficult.  Our advice is that you should seek the assistance of a Marsdens solicitor at an early stage to ensure that important documents are not destroyed and all information which may be able to assist your claim is collected in a timely fashion.

What can I do to help my solicitor with my claim?

One of the most important things you can do is to prepare a detailed statement regarding the circumstances of your injury. It is also helpful if you keep a diary including dates of appointments with doctors, any specific discussions you have with those doctors in relation to your injuries and how they were caused.  Keep all your receipts for medical treatment. If you have original radiology films or other documents such as discharge letters from hospitals, referrals to doctors etc., keep those documents in a safe place and provide them to us in due course. 

How can Marsdens help?

Marsdens has an experienced team of solicitors, including New South Wales Law Society Accredited Specialists in Personal Injury Compensation Law.  They will listen actively to your story, provide initial advice regarding the steps required to investigate your medical negligence claim, attend to all aspects of preparation in the investigation process to ensure that nothing is left to chance and obtain medical evidence to support your case. If necessary, advice will be obtained from experienced Barristers. 

To submit an online enquiry click here

Go back to Medical Negligence

Marsdens Offices