The most common forms of not-for-profit organisations are public companies limited by guarantee and incorporated associations.
In order to be considered as a charitable organisation, the company or association must be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Marsdens’ Commercial Law Department has extensive knowledge in the area of not-for-profits organisations and can provide you with the following assistance:
- Providing advice in relation to the most appropriate structure for your not-for-profit organisation.
- Preparation of the Constitution for the not-for-profit organisation which fulfils the requirements set out in the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act2012 (Cth) and the Associations Incorporation Act2009 (NSW).
- Providing advice in relation to the ACNC registration process.
- Preparation of all ACNC forms for incorporation of your not-for-profit organisation as a recognised charity.
- Seeking tax concessions from the Australia Taxation Office for recognised charities.
- Attending to incorporation of your association with fair trading.
- Providing advice on the governance requirements for registered charities and incorporated associations.