Corporate governance is the system of rules, practices and processes by which a company or other entity is directed and controlled. It is important for a company to have the appropriate constituent documents and overarching agreements in place to facilitate governance of the organisation.
It is also important for Directors of companies and others involved in the management of entities to understand good corporate governance to ensure that they are properly discharging their obligations at law.
Marsdens’ has a detailed understanding of corporate governance and in particular the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), and can provide you with the following assistance:
- Advise on the right type of company to be used.
- Incorporation of your company.
- Preparation of company constitution.
- Preparation of shareholders agreement.
- Preparation of partnership agreement.
- Advice on directors and shareholders liabilities and responsibilities.
- Removing and appointing directors and shareholders.