Upcoming Events

No Events Today

What if the vehicle at fault was not registered or can't be identified?

In these circumstances, a claim can be made against the Nominal Defendant, which is a govenment body set up to deal with these types of situations. Your claim will then be allocated to one of the CTP insurers and the claim will be conducted in the usual way.

If you have been unable to identify the vehicle at fault, the insurer may ask you to show what steps you have taken to identify it. 

Can I sue the driver personally?

The CTP system has been designed to avoid the need to commence legal action against the individual responsible for your injury. 

Often in those circumstances, the person at fault would not have the financial capacity to fund an injured person's claim, therefore it is beneficial to both the injured person and the driver at fault that an insurer becomes involved.

To submit an online enquiry click here

Back to Motor Vehicle Accidents

Marsdens Offices