Upcoming Events

No Events Today

What if I am receiving other entitlements?

What if I am receiving workers compensation entitlements?

If you are receiving benefits for a work injury claim and that particular work injury occurred as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to make a claim against the CTP insurer of the vehicle at fault. Ultimately, the CTP insurer will be responsible for your claim including any benefits you have received from the workers' compensation insurer.

The damages you may be entitled to recover for certain areas of compensation (such as pain and suffering and wage loss) may be greater under a CTP claim than they are under the workers compensation provisions alone. You should speak to one of our experienced solicitors to discuss whether you are entitled to further compensation, in addition to your entiltlements under your workers' compensation claim.

Will this affect my Centrelink entitlements?

Injured persons are not entitled to “double dip” by receiving (and keeping) payments for compensation in addition to Centrelink benefits for the same period of time. As a result, on receipt of a compensation payment Centrelink may seek to recover a proportion of your compensation payments.

To submit an online enquiry click here

Back to Motor Vehicle Accidents

Marsdens Offices